The Average Cost of Top Surgery Across Canada
Choosing to undergo top surgery is a major decision for many transmen or non-binary patients because you may be nervous, scared, or anxious about what it’s all about. Because of this, one of the most important factors during this process is to feel confident in the doctor you choose when you undergo this procedure. When you begin your reconstructive surgery research, you will definitely want to consider doctors who have specialized experience in top reconstructive surgery while also ensuring that your entire experience is as pleasant and as comfortable as possible.
At McLean Clinic, we aim to make the surgery process seamless and pleasant from the first initial phone call right up until you are enjoying your new body on the beach. To help you take the worry out of your experience, we carefully select knowledgeable, friendly staff to make you feel comfortable and confident the entire way. We also make sure that any and every question you have is answered and that we are responsive throughout the process. You can rest assured that you will be in the best hands with the expertise and experience in Top Surgery offered by Dr. McLean, as well as the seamless process as a patient at McLean Clinic.
Expertise, Experience, and Specialization
Dr. McLean is a plastic surgeon who specializes in aesthetic (cosmetic) surgery, with a private practice in Mississauga, Ontario, which has been serving patients since 1988. Dr. McLean is known as a “Top Surgeon” for “Top Surgery” because of his special interest in FTM (female to male) and MTF (male to female) surgical transformations. Having performed hundreds of Top Surgeries in his private facility, Dr. McLean has a deep understanding of the powerful transformative effects that transcend the physical aspects of this surgical process.At the end of the day, you want to feel cared for as a patient, and Dr. McLean is completely dedicated to making a positive impact on the lifestyle and well-being of everyone he treats. This is done through the use of a detailed process of consultation, surgical technique and follow-up as a way to achieve carefully planned, realistic results with happy patients.
Surgery can cause a lot of fear and anxiety in our lives, so the best scenario as a patient is to have an easy surgical procedure experience. Dr. McLean has developed many new and innovative techniques to make the surgical process as easy and seamless as possible.
- Many patients find tubes or drains the most uncomfortable part of their recovery post-operation. Because of this, Dr. McLean seldom uses tubes or drains that need to be removed at a later date.
- The use of modern techniques when administering anaesthesia will ensure your discomfort is minimized and that safety is maximized. Being asleep during your procedure will eliminate any feelings of anxiety and will ensure you wake up feeling refreshed and well-rested.
- You will be able to return to the comfort of your home after your procedure, as there is no hospital stay involved. You can rest assured that The McLean Clinic is one of the safest privately accredited facilities in Ontario.
- With Dr. McLean’s use of innovative techniques, bruising is minimized to allow for a speedier recovery process. The McLean Clinic is proud of our strong track record of emphasizing safety and minimizing complications during this time.
- You will not have to worry about a significant amount of downtime or time off from work, as you will be able to return to your normal activities within a few weeks. This is done with the help of techniques implemented by Dr. McLean to minimize discomfort or pain.
Financing the Surgery
Out of all the changes you can make during your FTM transitioning process, having Top Surgery can be one of the most drastic and expensive. Fortunately, you may be eligible to receive this transformative surgery with coverage from the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP). Please see the criteria you need to meet in order to receive this.If this does not apply to you, The McLean Clinic can assist you with obtaining financing through companies such as Crelogix and Medicard. We do not provide financing, however the rates for financing your Top Surgery through these widely respected finance companies tend to be more reasonable than using a line of credit, although some patients do prefer this method instead.Once you have consulted with Dr. McLean, you will receive a surgical quote for the procedure that you can take to your personal finance organization or we can assist you in using ours.